Monday, May 28, 2012

Flower Frog




I love this time of year it's not too hot or too cold the flowers are in bloom and the grass is green.

I don't remember what these flowers are, I planted them a few years ago and they make me smile every time I see them. I just love the contrast of the magenta colored petals against the yellowish-orange centers.
Wanting to bring some of these beautiful blooms inside to enjoy. I created this simple flower frog.

 I first grabbed a mason jar (plenty of those around here) and wire mesh called hardware cloth found at Home Depot or Lowe's. I also used it here.

Using wire cutters or heavy duty scissors. Cut a circle from the wire mesh the same size as the lid.

Simply place the wire on top of the jar and screw on the rim, fill with water and add flowers.
Tip: add a splash of Sprite to the water to keep your flowers fresh longer.






You can then add a ribbon, tag, raffia etc. to give it a personal touch.

I used a combination of organdy ribbon and raffia.
Thanks for stopping by! Would love for you to leave a comment.
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...