Monday, May 21, 2012

Wire Wrapped Vase

Today I made this vase using wire mesh called "hardware cloth".


 I purchased this roll in the garden department of Home Depot for about $12. Use heavy gloves to handle it because it is sharp. I used these Dikes (no offense to anyone - this is what they used to call them - Really) and some old kitchen shears to cut a piece to wrap around my vase.



I then spray painted it with Rust-oleum
Hammered Dark Bronze spray paint and let dry completely.



I then wrapped it around a plain glass vase and used some hemp rope to secure.



I brought the ends around to the front and tied them in a knot, trimmed and frayed the ends.




I added water and greenery - I can change these out for flowers later.


Now I have some fresh greenery on my mantel.




Thanks for stopping by!

Holly












2 comments:

  1. New follower from blog hop! Thanks for the link up! Love for you to follow back when you get a chance.

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look amazing! I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...