Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Garden Update - Tomatoes are coming

My mouth is watering! I found this in my garden today.


It is within days of being harvested and accompanying lettuce in a fresh salad and/or bacon on a BLT.
Home grown tomatoes are like the ultimate summer taste.

The rest of the garden is also doing well however, I've not been out to weed and pull the sprouts from last years tomato plants. It could use a little grooming.

My excuse: I had foot surgery last Thursday and have been in a boot. I go for my post op this afternoon and hopefully will get to give the the boot - The Boot. I have been sleeping, showering and everything else with it 24/7 for the last 5 days and am pretty sure I am ready to part with it.

Isn't it fashionable? I had to make the picture small because at full size it is even worse. Although nothing compared to the walking boot and crutches I had to wear for six weeks when I broke same foot a couple of years ago. There is always a bright side - right?


Anyhoo - Back to the garden.


Looks like the peas are ready to harvest too. I love 'em fresh from the garden. I peel and freeze what we can't eat to add to soups and stews all winter.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Gardening!

Holly




1 comment:

  1. Ah I'm jealous. Tomatoes already? My plants are only 8 inches high. Hey I'm a new follower. You've got a cute blog. Can't wait to read more.

    Veronica @ http://www.watchmeplayandlearn.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...