Monday, June 11, 2012

Root Beer Floatinis

I don't know about you but I'm a girl who likes a good vodka martini occasionally or a creamy root beer float (depends on the day and the mood). So when I saw root beer flavored vodka at the liquor store I immediately thought Root Beer Floatini.

I know your were headed there too - right?

Anyhoo, As you probably imagined by now - I purchased it!

As soon as I got home I searched Three Olive's website for a recipe and found this...
Their version:

Root Beer Floatini
1-1/2 oz Three-O Root Beer Vodka
1/2 oz Amaretto liqueur
Shake hard over ice and strain into glass. Float a melon ball-size scoop of vanilla ice cream in center.

After trying their version I decided it needed some adjusting - So here is my version...

Holly's Root Beer Floatini
1-1/2 oz Three-O Root Beer Vodka
1/2 oz Amaretto liqueur
1 oz Half and Half
Shake hard over ice and strain into glass. Float a melon ball-size scoop of vanilla ice cream in center.

That was it! All it needed was that touch of creaminess!




It gets even better as the ice cream melts.

Enjoy with friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

Holly

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. Would love to try when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for visiting your follower TQM @ olahmomma.com (http://olahmomma.com/blog/men-our-lives-husband)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...