Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Green Shopping Bag Re-Do


Last night we went to our friends house for a BBQ, I had picked up the cuttest salt and pepper shakers for the hostess (she collects them). Then at the last minute I realized I had not wrapped them. Well maybe not the last minute - It was actually 30 minutes before the BBQ. So, I grabbed one of my bags from a recent shopping trip. These paper bags with handles make great gift bags. Why re-create the wheel - Right?


 I like the almost black color and the pattern on the bag so I didn't want to cover it up completely. I chose the Bliss stamp set because it has a similar look.


Using Basic Gray ink I stamped on two strips of Whisper White card stock that I had cut to the same size as the design on the bag (one for the front and one for the back of the bag). Then stamped the same stamp repetedly on another piece of Whisper White card stock lining up the stamp to creat a consistent background image.




I rounded the corners of the smaller strips.


Then picked out a Labels Collection Framelit in a size  that would cover the design on the bottom of the bag when I cut it in half. This is so I will end up with two pieces - one for the front and one for the back. Remember I am in a hurry here.



I then centered it how I wanted and ran it through my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.





I lined it up in my paper cutter and cut it in half.


Now to assemble, I added Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the pieces and adhered them to the bag.





Easy Peazy - Do the same to the reverse side of the bag.

Next I decided I wanted to add a butterfly and chose this new Pappion Potpourri set because it coordinates with the new butterfly punch. Heck - I didn't have time to cut something out!


I first stamped it in Elegant Eggplant ink (purple is her favorite color) and decided it was darker than I wanted so I stamped again to get a lighter image.


Then used the punch to easily punch out the image.


I bent the wings up on the butterfly and added it to the bag with a glue dot.



Aren't these cute salt and pepper shakers? Perfect for a BBQ - right?


Threw it all together with some purple tissue paper to bring out the butterfly and
tied it with Whisper White Organza Ribbon.




All ready for the BBQ with a chilled bottle of wine and a salad -We made it to the BBQ on time. All together it took me 15 minutes to create this bag including takeing all these pictures - Imagine if I had more time!

To make this project I used the following:

Whisper White card stock #100730
Basic Gray Classic Ink Pad #126981
Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink Pad #126969
Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set #123757(wood mount) #123759(clear mount)
Bliss stamp set has been discontinued but can be substitued with another stamp set.
Whisper White Organza Ribbon #114319
Stampin' Trimmer #126889 (The trimmer I used - improved)
Corner Rounder Punch #119871
Elegant Butterfly Punch #127526
Big Shot - Die Cutting Machine #113439
Labels Collection Framelits #125598
Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
Glue Dots #103683
Paper shopping bag


To purchase these and other Stampin' Up! products click Here


to see another gift bag re-do click Here


So, before throwing those paper shopping bags away - imagine the posibilities!

Oh, and BTW We had a great time, great food and lots of laughs - Thanks Sonja and Randy!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment I would love to hear from you.

Holly














1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. This is a great idea for bags.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...