Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Centerpiece

I created this Spring Centerpiece using the re-purposed cabinet door tray I made here.

I used moss, feathers and leftover burlap ribbon from another project. 

 I doubled the burlap and cut to fit the tray.
I shaped the moss into bird nests, then used hot glue to glue in place.
 


I created three nests to fit the tray.
 I used First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper to cover plastic Easter eggs.
I cut the paper into strips and used mod podge to adhere to eggs.




I sponged the eggs with Baja Breeze Ink.
I used MDS (My Digital Studios digital program) to create the "Spring Welcome" in Basic Black Ink then used the splatter feature to add specks of Baja Breeze.
 
 I cut the flags and sponged the edges with Sahara Sand Ink.
I used a Bone Folder to curl the flags then tucked the ends under the nests.
 
I added feathers for the finishing touch.
 






Stampin' Up! supplies used:

First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper #121878
Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad #126960
Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad #126976
Very Vanilla Card Stock #101650
Stampin' Sponges #101610
MDS (My Digital Studio digital program) #130646 (download), #130647 (disc)
Bone Folder #102300

Additional Supplies:

Moss
Plastic Easter eggs
Hot glue gun
Burlap ribbon
Feathers


The numbered Stampin' Up! items above can be purchased here.

 
Thanks for stopping by! Comments and questions are welcome.
 
Holly

4 comments:

  1. Classy Spring decor! I love Easter decor that is subtle and nature themed.
    Sara
    http://triedandtwisted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool!! I love all the clever details like the sponging and wrapping the paper to look like its one strip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I love everything about this project! What a creative idea and a great alternative to a wreath to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...